Saturday, January 23, 2010

Goodbye, Max Factor...Goodbye, Prescriptives......Goodbye, Conan.....Goodbye, Humanity

Posted from AOL Shopping:


Official Article Here

Discontinued Makeup: Max Factor & Prescriptives


in Makeup


Loyal fans of Max Factor and Prescriptives have already probably heard of the news; both brands are sadly getting the plug this year. Proctor & Gamble who owns Max Factor has already started the process. It won't be sold in the U.S. anymore. Actually the brand has been hit hard over the past three years. I'm surprised though because the beauty line is so affordable. It will still continue to be sold internationally though where it does much better. Estee Lauder, parent company of Prescriptives, which has cited the brand as one of their least profitable brands, is slated to pull Prescriptives off shelves on February 1, 2010. Estee Lauder owns many big-name brands like Clinique and M-A-C to name a few.


But I've got good news for you Max Factor lovers and Prescriptives devotees! You've got time to stock up. Drugstore.com has inventory on both lines. They've even got this special offer: Spend $35 on Prescriptives and get a free travel-sized Super Line Preventor Xtreme (through January 31, 2010).


Shop below! I've highlighted the top-selling products for each brand, which will be helpful to those of you who have never tried the brands. In my research, I've discovered that women love the Max Factor Erase, which helps conceal dark circles and flaws, and also, the Prescriptives 'All You Need+ SPF 15 Moisturizer, so don't miss those!


I hate the fact that such a cheap and good cosmetic like such as Max Factor is being discontinued. It's ridiculous...but I guess that is life.

On a side note, tonight was the last episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien, and he took 5 minutes before Will Ferrell was on to say a few things about how grateful he is, a message to his fans, etc. and I started crying. I've never really seen him get that serious for that long and he actually choked up. I love that guy. My denial is over, I'm going to have to wait until at least September to see him on tv again. *le sigh*

It's been good, Coco.


No comments:

Post a Comment