Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Two Perfume Reviews:




I'm sure a lot of you have heard all the hype about Kim Kardashian's new perfume, and a few people have told me that it smells too "dark".....and I decided to try it out when flipping through In Style magazine. I rubbed it on my skin and took a big whiff. Horrible idea. It was way too overwhelming.

The notes in the perfume are:
Mandarin, Honey Suckle, Orange Blossom, Pink Jasmine, Tuberose, Sensual Spice, Lush Gardenia, Jacaranda Wood, Tonka Bean, Vanilla Orchid, Sexy Musk, Creamy Sandalwood.

What in the hell was she thinking, using so many floral scents? When I looked up the information for the perfume, I read this:


"Kardashian told WWD the she and sister Kourtney used to throw flowers from outside in a blender when they were little because that's how she thought perfume was made. Now she's got some help with Lighthouse Beauty to do perfume the right way!"


Well, she most certainly threw a bazillion flowers in the mix and hit blend. That's exactly what it smells like! I suggest that if you want to clear a room, go buy this at sephora.com for a whopping $65 (full sized is 65 bucks. Everything else ranges from $15 to $50.)

If, however, you want to still smell the floral loveliness, but not seem as though you just went to a greenhouse and dumped all the flowers on top of you and grinded it into your skin, check out Sarah Jessica Parker's lovely new perfume, SJP NYC.





Here is the information for said perfume:

Notes include mandarin, white osmanthus, strawberry, gardenia, honeysuckle, mimosa, rose, sandalwood, vanilla absolute, rum flavor and creamy musks and was developed by Parker in collaboration with perfumer Honorine Blanc.
The collection consists of three sizes of the eau de toilette — 15 ml. for $25, 30 ml. for $35 and 60 ml. for $49.

A lot cheaper that Kim's perfume, the smell is subtly floral and the bottle is cute!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I will add you to my link section.

    I saw you left me a message, Thnx dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Stekto.....are you following me yet? <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottle is adorable for SJP's perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right Phyrra??? I love the smell, too. Keep your eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete